Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Big Night at the Hard Rock

Big Night at the Hard Rock

After a poor showing at my bi-weekly clubhouse game, a few of us went out to the Rock.  They, of course, went to the slots and I went to the card room.  Sat down at a $225 SNG.  In the second level an early position raises the 100 chip BB to 300.  With pockets 10s I call.  Heads-up, the flop comes 2-6-7 rainbow.  He bets 400 or 500.  I’m putting him on a low pair, but hopefully not one of the sets, or on two high cards like A-K.  So I push all-in for 1,100.  He reluctantly calls with pocket 9’s.

Unfortunately he gets a 9 on the turn and I’m gone.

Going against my rules I jump into a $535 SNG for the first time.  Turns out your starting chips go from 1,500 (at the $120 and $225 SNG’s) to 2,000.  Nothing very exciting happened at this table.  I played my usual solid elimination poker, a somewhat tight game unless I sense weakness on someone.  

Nearly two hours later, I’m in the final three and in the money.  The short stack (JJ) asks if we all want to chop.  I’m game, it’s late and I’m pretty happy with cashing out my first time at the money level.  But the chips leader (only moderately) says no since the small is pretty small.

Now JJ gets a little unset and says “last chance or there will be no more chopping three ways”.  Chip leader (Boss) again says no.  Three hands later Boss is out in third place and the JJ and I chop.

Now I agree with Boss in not chopping if one person is real small or real big.  But last night I was tired and happy.  Where it got interesting is how JJ put Boss on tilt by copping an attitude.  It didn’t bother me, but Boss got pretty pissed, even accusing me of partnering with JJ to knock Boss out.  Not true by the way.  This caused Boss to make some really bad calls and ultimately lose money.

When the night was over I netted $1,140.00 to put me a lot closer to the black with my poker earnings.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice post on GatorDuke's poker Blog.
-------------------------------
danieljames
http://www.CelebPoker.com

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home