Monday, July 31, 2006

My experiment was a success.

My single table “experiment” is over. Last night I finished the last of ten straight $30+3 SNGs on Paradise Poker. Here are the results:

2 – 1st place ($150)
4 – 2nd place ($90)
2 – 3rd place ($60)
2 – finishes out of the money

This is the lesson to me. My account grew because I didn’t get seduced by the other more lucrative games that I don’t play as well. I will play those again one day, but I need to be disciplined and play what I’m good at until I get my bankroll back in the black.

Now that doesn’t rule out moving up to $50+5 tables. There is only one problem with that. Those tables take forever to fill unless it is a weekend night. At least that’s true on Paradise Poker. As it is, it took 25 minutes to fill a $30+3 last night. But it is likely the way I’ll go. I’ll set aside $550 and play ten straight tables to see how I do. (For the record I’m 0-for-6 at this level, finishing 5th once).

For now I’m going to take my $450 profit and close out July with a net gain. Finally, a positive month online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home