Monday, September 25, 2006

Preparation

Two weeks ago I had ideas of finishing my started poker books, playing in local live tournaments and many online deep stack tournaments. But due to scheduling issues very little of that has happened. Now it is less than 6 days away and I really can only read. But I have decided to not do any reading.

Reading this late in the game is only going to mess with my mind. The first time I read Super System, I did not have a winning session for two weeks. I am, though, listening to Phil Gordon’s “Little Green Book” on my iPod. It is pretty simple things so far. Nothing that is going to drastically change my game for the worse.

Other than that I have been doing a lot of second guessing about this trip. Not about my ability to play and win, but the cost, the time away from my family and work. Coming home with a good story and losing is just not going to cut it for me. But to make ANY money I need to get into late Tuesday night of the tournament I’m guessing. That’s a lot of time away.

If I am not too distracted I will post updates and photos here throughout my trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home